Six super-romantic ideas anyone can do for Valentine’s Day
(or any time you choose)
We all love an excuse to be cheesy and to make the person we care for feel special.
Here are some ideas you can easily put together, with the help of your favourite hotel:
1. Roses are for…
Hotels love to be in on the surprise. Ask for help, and you’ll be amazed at the lengths the team will go to in making your romantic getaway a success.
2. Pajama time
Arrange a surprise pajama party that lasts all night, complete with rom coms, room service, a bottle of bubbly and strawberries to be delivered. There are plenty of super-sexy board games to entertain you, too; just enquire at the hotel or bring your own…
3. Bring out your inner Shakespeare
Say it on a Post-It note; compile short romantic messages and turn your room into a sonnet-full of love messages.
4. The food of love
A hotel is perfectly placed to create a private dining experience that places you in a sensual space to kick off your romantic evening. Arrange for breakfast in bed and extend the time you share together.
5. There’s room for more than one!
Fly in a long-lost relative or a friend they haven’t seen for ages and put them up in a local hotel for a surprise reunion. It’s a selfless act that will certainly boost the affection in your relationship.
6. A decent proposal
Finally, if you have chosen to pop the question, your hotel will be happy to make the surprise proposal the most romantic one you could imagine. Almost anything is possible. All it takes is some imagination with your willing hotel team.
Where to stay:
- Protea Hotel Fire & Ice by Marriott Cape Town
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Mowbray Cape Town
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Breakwater Lodge
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Johannesburg Balalaika Sandton
- Protea Hotel Fire & Ice by Marriott Melrose Arch
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Pretoria Hatfield
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Durban Umhlanga Ridge
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Karridene Beach
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Hilton