Cape Town travel tips for your summer break
You can still tick Cape Town off your bucket list, even if your wallet feels a bit light!
Plan, plan and plan again:
A well-researched itinerary will make your stay a positive one. Look at options for where you can pre-book to avoid time spent in queues.
Look for special offers:
You can save up to 20% off your summer stay by booking in advance. Also, some companies are encouraging locals to visit by offering discounted rates for particular activities.
Choose restaurants carefully so they don’t eat up your budget:
Farms like Lourensford and Blaauwklippen are the sites of lovely food markets a few times a week. This option is far more affordable.
You’ll also find great restaurants in suburbs that aren’t in the heart of the tourist areas.
Investigate transport options:
Check out flight prices now using flight comparison sites.A hire-car is useful but there are far cheaper options for in-town trips.Many attractions are within walking distance once you’re in the city. And the MyCiTi bus service has 42 stations and 760 stops in many areas of Cape Town. To use the service, you’ll need a ‘myconnect card’.
The Cape Town City Sightseeing Hop-on, Hop-off bus is another great way to get to major attractions. There are various packages available and you can also save money on your tickets by booking in advance online.
Avoid the queues:
Things are particularly busy during December, so if you can arrange your family holiday for January, you’ll find things to be a bit quieter.It’s also good to time your visits to the most popular spots for a weekday rather than a weekend.
Where to stay:
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Breakwater Lodge
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Castle
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Victoria Junction
- Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Cape Town
- Protea Hotel by Marriott North Wharf
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Sea Point
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Mowbray
- Book in advance to stay between 7 December 2018 and 20 January 2019 and save off our retail rates.
- Save up to 15% when you book 30 days in advance from 01 December 2018.
- Loyalty members get up to an additional 5% off. Join Marriott Rewards for free today.
- Book now